You will find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions in the section below. If you have read the FAQs and still have some questions unanswered, please feel free to contact us.
1. Why is Cincotta Chemist famous for value and famous for care?
For over 50 years we have continued to build our business success through providing our customers with the best possible products and service at the lowest possible price. We keep our profit margins very low in order to keep our turnover very high.
2. How do I find the products I need on the Cincotta Chemist website?
You can shop for products by either browsing our product departments (but don't forget to check our Specials link for bargains!) or performing a search for item you're after. You can search from any page by typing all or part of the product name you're interested in into the search box (in the top middle of the screen).
Once you find a product you're interested in just click "add to cart". Each "add to cart" button also contains a drop-down menu that allows you to add up to 6 of each item to your cart. If you want to purchase more than 6 of an item you can increase this quantity from the shopping cart page (either click "view cart" after adding an item to your cart or click the "view cart" link at the top right of each page).
3. How can I place an order?
For your convenience, Cincotta Chemist has made it is easier to shop: All orders can be completed online (if your order includes a prescription, you will be required to post your prescriptions to us); or visit one of our stores.
For more details please see under Ordering Online.
4. How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Once your order is dispatched, we will email you to let you know. You can track the progress of your order in the 'My Account' section of our website once you are logged in (top left hand corner). Please allow the usual delivery period (approximately 2-3 working days for most areas of Australia) to pass before you ask us to track it for you.
5. What happens if I'm not at home when my order is delivered?
Cincotta Discount Chemist uses Eparcel through Australia Post to deliver parcels. If you are not at home to receive the parcel a card will be left so you can pick it up from your closest Post Office. Sometimes cards get accidentally discarded so if you believe your parcel should have arrived, check with your local post office.
You can select to leave your parcel at your address if unattended, however by selecting this option Cincotta Discount Chemist cannot be held responsible for missing or stolen parcels once they have left our distribution centre.
6. How can I help ensure my order is not delayed?
- Read the information under Ordering Online and Payment Options and follow the instructions carefully.
- Paying by credit card or PayPal will ensure your payment reaches us quickly and therefore allows us to process your order as soon as possible.
- If ordering a prescription read the information under Ordering Prescriptions and on completion of the order post the Original prescription as quickly as possible.
- In order to speed up prescription order deliveries you can choose to leave you repeats on file. That way the next time you place your order we can match your repeats with the order and dispatch as soon as your order is prepared and payment is processed.
- Choose a delivery address where you or someone else will be available to sign for the parcel when it arrives. eg your business address if nobody is usually at home during the day or have your order shipped to your local Cincotta Discount Chemist at no charge!
7. Can I order my prescriptions online?
-Yes. Although, by law we are not allowed to dispense a prescription medicine unless we have received a prescription for that medicine, written by a medical practitioner registered in Australia. Therefore, if ordering a prescription item online, an original prescription must be sent to Cincotta Discount Chemist by post for that item. (Please note: an order number will be generated upon finalising your order. Please write the number on the back of each of the prescriptions that you post to Cincotta Chemist. This is to ensure that your order is processed without delay). Orders containing prescription items must be shipped to an Australian address.
- There are some restrictions regarding products that can be ordered online and these include refrigerated items. Please see under Additional information and Restrictions under Ordering Prescriptions.
8. Why can I only order one lot of a PBS item at one time?
The government under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidises many medicines so that all Australians can have access to affordable prescription medication. As the government is paying some or all of the cost of these medicines, they impose restrictions on how frequently they can be dispensed. This varies from item to item but you can ask your pharmacist what time interval is on a particular product. In most cases the time interval is 21 days. Items dispensed before this time can not be covered under the PBS except in special circumstances. If you require more than one pack at a time, please contact our customer service team.
9. Can I fax my prescription?
It is illegal to accept faxed or emailed prescriptions in Australia at this stage. We must receive the original prescriptions, with duplicates, before we can dispense and send the medication.
10. Can I put my families' patient profiles on my account?
Yes, once you have logged in as a user you can create as many patient profiles as required for all the people you may order for. We aim to provide the best health care we can for our customers and patient profiles ensure we can screen customers for any possible interactions.
11. Why do I need a prescription to order some items, when I don't need one if I purchase them over the counter?
This only applies to Pharmacist Advice items, which by law you cannot buy from a pharmacy unless you are counselled by a pharmacist. Since there is no opportunity to interact with a pharmacist in this way when you order Pharmacist Advice items online, the law requires that a doctor counsels you about the item instead and provides you with a prescription for that item.
12. Can I return prescription medicine for a refund?
No. Unfortunately, we can not accept medicines returned for credit. This is because once the product has left the pharmacy, the storage conditions of the product cannot be guaranteed.
13. How can I pay for my order?
The fastest way to pay with Cincotta Discount Chemist is with your credit card or through PayPal. Your credit card details are securely encrypted using SSL technology (the same technology used by your bank) and passed through to our secure payment gateway. Your credit card details are never stored by us.
You may also pay for your order by cheque or money order. Select this option from the payment page and your order is complete. You'll need to send in payment before your order can be dispatched -- just follow the instructions provided.
14. How can I cancel an order?
The best way is to email or call us ASAP and if it hasn't already been sent then we can cancel your order. You must remember however that in most cases orders placed are dispatched the same or next business day. Orders that have been dispatched cannot be cancelled and will have to be posted back at the expense of the customer. As long as packaging is in original condition, a full refund will be provided (with the exception of the delivery fee).
15. I don't live in Australia can I place an order?
You can place an order for any of our products online (excluding prescription medications). Simply select your country from the drop down box on the shopping cart page to view an estimate on postage.
16. What happens if a product that I have ordered is out of stock?
- We do our absolute best to keep 100% of our inventory in stock 100% of the time, but unfortunately this is not always possible.
- If an item you have ordered is temporarily out of stock we will let you know by phone or email.
- If the item will take more than a couple of days to come in, you can choose to order another item instead (eg a different size/brand), or simply to delete that item from your order and its cost will be refunded to you.
17. What happens if I am after a product that is not listed on the website?
Cincotta Chemist will endeavour to locate products that are not located on our website for sale. We may in fact already stock in store. Simply email the relevant information to our customer service team and will try our best to obtain the product for you.
18. Can you inform me when a product that has been out of stock is back on shelf?
- If an item is out of stock it will be labelled as 'Out of stock. Email me when in stock.'
- If you wish to be informed when an out of stock product is back on shelf, click this button. Enter your contact details in the popup window so that we can email you as soon as the product is back on shelf.
- You can then decide whether you still require the product and place an appropriate order for the product.
19. I need pharmaceutical advice can you help?
Yes. Our fully qualified Pharmacists can answer any questions you may have:
- You can email our customer service team and a Pharmacist will either email or phone you back with a reply.
- You can phone us on (02) 9897 1011, during our opening hours. Our Merrylands store is open every day of the year from 8am-9pm Eastern Australian Standard Time, except for Christmas Day (check with store for details).
20. What is your return policy?
You can return any item within 14 days as long as it is packed appropriately, received in its original condition and accompanied by proof of purchase. If we have made a mistake (e.g. not filling your order properly) we will pay for the return postage. However, if you are returning the item for any other reason, the postage fee is at your expense.
- Prior to returning any items, please contact our Customer Service Team and have your order number ready.
- Some of our suppliers insist on dealing with customers directly if goods are faulty so if you have faulty goods to return, please call our Customers Service Team first.
- Products that can be affected by heat cannot be returned eg food, formula and some medication.
21. What is your refund policy?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, return your items and we will happily refund the purchase amount (less postage costs) via your original payment method. Please refer to Returns and Refunds.